If you’re an aspiring influencer, small business owner, or just want to make sure your social media presence is legit, then maybe you need to get your hands on a Meta Verified badge? This coveted badge is the ultimate status symbol on Instagram and Facebook, and it comes with a whole host of benefits…and now you don’t even need to get 10,000 followers to be awarded the badge – you can just buy it. But would you want to?
What are the benefits of Meta verified?
- Increased trust and credibility: When people see that your account is verified, they’re more likely to believe that you are who you say you are (not a cloned account or spammy bot) and that your content is legit. This is especially important for small businesses who rely on social media for marketing.
- Improved security: The Meta Verified badge makes it more difficult for imposters to create fake accounts and impersonate real people. This can help to protect you from scams and other forms of online fraud.
- Increased reach and visibility: Verified accounts are given “more prominence” in places like search, comments, and recommendations. This means that your content is more likely to be seen by more people, which can help you to grow your audience and reach your target market.
- Exclusive features: Verified users get access to exclusive features such as the ability to use certain stickers in Stories/Reels, 100 Facebook stars per month and access to a help desk (although I’ve seen NO evidence of this being useful so far, just the usual sucky service the rest of us minions get!).
how do you get verified on insta?
So how do you get your hands on a Meta Verified badge? It’s super easy, here’s what you need to do:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a public Instagram or Facebook account.
- Have a government-issued ID.
- Complete the Meta Verified application form.
If your application is approved, you’ll be granted a Meta Verified badge toot sweet.
But hang on, SHOULD you?
should I get Meta verification?
The cost of Meta Verified is £9.99 per month. Several of my clients have paid for the service for a few months and not a single one has had anything good to say about it. No notable increase in reach, no one cares about the “extras” and one who had an issue STILL had poor support from the powers that be.
I have scoured the web for Stories that say it’s worth it…and the only thing I can see is that it’s good for giving people faith your account is legit and protecting your page if you have high numbers. So the call is your’s…but I’m not signing up!
I’d love to hear if you’ve had a good experience with Meta Verified?